ANZAC Day is fast approaching.
Due to the current social distancing measures that are in place, ANZAC Day memorials and parades have been cancelled across the country.
However, this will not stop pipers, drummers, and the pipe band community from continuing our long-standing tradition of paying respects to all those who have served.
Pipe Bands Queensland encourages pipers and drummers to get involved in the following ways on 25 April:
- At 6am
- Join the Driveway at Dawn vigil happening around the country and listen to the livestreamed service from RSL Queensland.
- Please note that there is no need to play for this service; if you wish to, however, we suggest you check in with and warn your neighbours well ahead of time!
- Register your pledge to participate with RSL Queensland: https://rslqld.org/News/Latest-News/Light-up-the-Dawn#pledge
- Follow the event on Facebook for updates: https://bit.ly/2K6UhFY
- At 11am
- Play Amazing Grace in a safe place (your driveway, garden, living room, etc) to honour those who have served. Follow the event for updates: https://bit.ly/34FirRv
If pipers and drummers wish to organise to play for services at RSLs or at cenotaphs in your local area, we encourage you to do so, as long as it conforms with health guidelines and restrictions in place in your area.
Lest we forget.