Pipe Bands Australia have announced the resignations of:
- National Secretary Steve Patterson
- Nation Principal Rules and Administration Jamie Forsyth
- National Committee Member James Cowie
The announcement (download PDF copy) reads:
3 June 2020
Gratitude and appreciation for national service
Pipe Bands Australia acknowledges with gratitude the contribution of three highly valued members who have stepped down from their national positions to focus on challenges connected with their business and personal lives.
- Steven Patterson has served as national secretary since 2015, juggling demands of his Sydney-based business that have increased during the COVID-19 pandemic. Steve also advised that he is dealing with health issues that require him to physically and mentally slow down a little to allow his health to recover. The President has been joined by members of NMC and National Council in thanking Steve for his service as national secretary and wishing Steve every strength in a return to good health.
- James Cowie has stepped down from National Management Committee, having first been elected in 2017, to concentrate on pressing business and personal matters. James has been a solid contributor in managing the affairs of the national association.
- Jamie Forsyth has advised that he will relinquish the position of Principal Rules and Administration from 30 June. Jamie, who has been in the role since early 2017, and his wife have recently welcomed the arrival of a new son, has re-opened his Perth cafe that had been closed by COVID-19 restrictions and is also executive officer at the Perth Clinic where the COVID crisis has created additional workload.
Members of the pipe band community are as much impacted by the current health and economic challenges facing Australia and the voluntary service of Steve, James and Jamie in their respective roles has been appreciated and respected. Officials of Pipe Bands Australia are volunteers and the current environment has placed extra demands on every member in juggling their professional, business and family commitments.
We look forward to the future involvement of Steve, James and Jamie who maintain their passionate for pipe bands and care for the grassroots, the foundations, of Pipe Bands Australia.
While their passion will remain within the movement, it regretted that circumstances preclude them continuing in their roles. We fully understand and respect that health, family and career must come first.
The following expressions of interest are now invited:
- EOIs for the position of secretary will be received until 16 June. An honourarium may be available to the successful candidate and a copy of the position description can be obtained by emailing email@example.com
- EOIs for National Management Committee vacancy will be received until 16 June. Interested members should include with their EOI a statement and copy of their resume. EOIs are to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- EOIs for Principal Rules and Administration for from suitably qualified members of College will close on 15 June 2020 and are to be emailed email@example.com