Date(s) - 16/05/2020
12:00 pm - 6:00 pm
The inaugural 1770 Challenge Cup, to be held during the 1770 Festival in the twin towns of Agnes Water and 1770, is intended to be an annual event and is an initiative of the Queensland Highland Pipers Society to encourage piping in regional Queensland.
2020 marks the 250th anniversary of Lt. James Cook’s coming ashore at what is now known as the ‘Town of 1770’ and will be celebrated with a four-week long festival. The 1770 Challenge Cup is an important inclusion to the festival.
This beautiful coastal region of Queensland is a popular holiday spot, and May is the perfect time to visit. To take in sunny skies, picturesque beaches, nature walks, boating, fishing, fabulous local cafes, bars, and of course the fantastic 1770 Challenge Cup piping.
So don’t just come for the weekend, stay a bit longer and enjoy the area and the 1770 Festival.
- The 1770 Challenge Cup will feature a combined C and D grade and a combined A and B grade solo piping competition.
- The combined C and D grade will play a 4 parted (min) march, retune, then a 2 parted (min) strathspey and a 2 parted (min) reel of their own choice.
- The combined A and B grade will submit two MSRs, one set to be played. All tunes to be 4 parts minimum.
- Go to the QHPS website to enter.
- Prize money will be offered.
- The competition will be open to public viewing.
- Times still to be finalised – more details to follow.